Friday, September 02, 2005

Busy Day

I'm taking the day off to take the birthday boy to the state fair. He's been looking forward to it all week and I wouldn't be surprised if he remembers it from last year.

While quickly managing my planet, I saw this:
Louisiana Gov. Kathleen Blanco said "battle-tested" Guardsmen are being sent to quell the unrest.

"They have M-16s and are locked and loaded. These troops know how to shoot and kill and I expect they will," she said.
and had to react.

Could she be a Liberal Democrat? Not only is she showing zero leadership skills, she is frightened of the military, frightened to the point that she can't see that they are here to help.

I've spent the last few days at work (it's been slow) reading all of Micheal Yon's blog. I'm not yet done, but continually find my respect for our military, both the pros and the National Guardsman, growing.

In one night account, a US patrol tracked down a suspicious person with an AK. Turns out the person was a farmer checking out suspicious activity on his farm. They were both checking on each other and not a shot was fired. Contact, at night, with and unknown number of armed people and it all turned out well. Or troops are professional with an incredible amount of self control.

I'll be suprised if a shot is fired by US troops in the South. I also expect that if they do fire, they will be returning fire. Idiot liberals.

I did see a white looter. It was an albino African-American, but atleast I saw a white one. Does that count?

We're off to the fair and the weather looks great.