Thursday, August 18, 2005

Forget your History, It's PC

I took a vacation day yesterday. We had friends visit from'outside'. I spent half a day with them and the rest of the time with my family as a midweek bonus.

I was blessed with seeing about 15 minutes of Dora the Explorer and this got me thinking.

Didn't the Spanish rape and pillage a continent and a half? When the Spanish weren't doing it directly, they were funding it. How can the liberals hold Columbus in such contempt and and then forget that the Spanish funded him? Am I missing something?

In this age of reparations, why is there no talk of the indigineous peoples of South and Central America sueing Spain for all the misery they caused? I'm sure there are North American Indian tribes that suffered at the hands of the Spanish.

I don't get it. Is it because people are ignorant? This question leads to the next post...