Friday, March 10, 2006

Why I Still Have Hope

Occasionally, I see children our next generation and the strength and understanding that they have and I know that this country, while it seems to be in a free fall into the abyss, has another generation of citizens, some with strong ties to something much Higher.

I only pray that they are enough to make a difference.

From a comment at Vox's:
A poem written by my 13 yr old when I left on 9/11

This One Man

This one man got married, had kids.
This one man loved God,
Went to church.
This one man had a family who loved him, he loved them.
This one man had a wife, three daughters.

But this one man gave up his perfect life for God and his country.

This one man left his home.
This one man risked his life.
This one man sailed the ocean.
This one man fought the war.

This one man gave up his perfect life for God and his country.

This one man is a father.
This one man is a husband.
This one man is a Christian.
This one man is a daddy.

But this one man gave up his perfect life for God and his country.

This one man I love.
This one man loves me.
This one man changed my life.
This one man is my DADDY.
If this doesn't bring tears to your eyes, I wonder if you have a heart.