Monday, October 10, 2005

Sorry for the delay

I'm trying to get the Barrow pics hosted so I can link to them. My friend who hosts them for me has been inaccessable since my return. So has his brother. Both have been best friends since 1975.

Right before I left, the older brother told me that his mother's colon cancer had returned and spread through the walls of her colon to her liver. Surgery was scheduled to occur while I was gone. I've prayed everyday for her.

She and her husband were like a second set of parents to me. I'd trust them with my son (keep in mind that only one person, my wifes twin, has babysat him in the last 3 years).

I always thought liver cancer meant death in less than a year. In this case I was told that since the cancer had not yet spread throughout the liver, that they could remove the cancerous portion and you could live with half a liver and that, in time, your liver would grow back.

Just the fact that no one is home causes me to imagine the worst.

I could just call their parents home, but I'm just a little afraid of what I might hear.

So, it looks like I'm afraid of spiders and death.

UPDATE:
Finally got a hold of the younger brother. Their mom is recovering at the Mayo Clinic and will be travelling home in a week.

She's on chemo as part of her therapy.

Thank you all for your prayers.