Thursday, September 08, 2005

Listen to This

I never knew that Freddy Mercury's parents were an opera star and a conductor or that he was trained to sing opera. I don't know much about opera, but hearing this, I can see where Queen took Freddy's capabilities and talents into consideration when they wrote songs.

My boss blames his wife (yea, sure) for the pablum tv that he watches. Through the week I get a summary of the highlights of the good stuff that I don't see (yep, I avoided using the word 'miss' to avoid any confusion. While I may miss a show I don't miss anything.)

It also turns out that the really good stuff makes it to the web and I get to see it anyway.

This is one thing I've played several times over the last week or two. She's that good. Go here, click on Suzie: 'Bohemian Rhapsody', and rock out.

I'd also like to hear her sing "School's Out" and "Godzilla".

I think the part of my brain that enjoys rock has atrophied over the years, much to my dismay.

UPDATE:
While I use Mozilla Firefox for 99% of my surfing, I have to use Internet Explorer to enjoy this. I don't have M$ Video installed in Firefox.