Friday, July 01, 2005

The Pussification of the American Man, Part 1

Not only is the path to manhood hidden in America today, there are several obsticals on it. One of these obsticals is the zero tolerance for violence that the public schools have been following recently.

I believe that the lessons learned from playground fights will help the participants along the path to manhood and that there is little to no chance of permanent injury or death since, as boys the participants in a playground fight are not yet truely dangeruous.

I think the most productive playground fights are ended by teachers soon enough that no one is the clear winner, but not so soon that the fighters are unmarked. There is nothing like a black eye or fat lip to teach the meaning of humility. There is also a measure of, not pride, buy call it strength that comes from standing your ground.

You also gain a measure of respect for the other who took your best and came out on par with you (at least men, women seem to lack the capacity of mixing hostility and respect). I have best friends that I fought in grade school. Once we put the conflict behind us, I believe that it made us better friends.

The biggest benefit to playground fights is that one learns that fighting usually isn't worth it. You can walk away from a fight the winner and be hurt. Sometimes you'll feel it days later. Sooner or later, one realizes that there are more productive ways to resolve conflicts.

I think that it is the lack of knowing that there are better ways to resolve issues that contributes to the increase of gun violence amongst kids today. There is a testosterone reinforced tendency to fight amongst men and boys. Like iron ore, it needs to be refined and worked till it is something that will serve society.

Playground fights can be a furnace that provides the first steps towards smelting a man's control over his emotions.

I see the zero-tolerance of fighting in elementary schools as nothing but a nationwide effort to pussyfy the American Man. At first I wonder if it is Satanic or Communist in origin, but since Communism is not of God, I already know the answer.



I feel like I'm posting a draft, but there it is.

I think this is more of a work in progress and will take several postings to cover the whole topic while I expect my readers (yea, both of them:)) to point out when I wander onto thin ice.