Monday, April 25, 2005

Feminine vs. Nurturing

Of all the European countries, the "Netherlands is the most feminine with a masculinity index of 14/100" is a phrase thrown about by the educated elite. I've seen male college educators talk about the Netherlands, while trapped in an oppressive masculine country, as if it was the promised land.

I'd like to raise two points:
1) The lack of masculinity doesn’t necessarily mean feminine.
2) If there is a link between being feminine and the prevalent euthanasia movement, what happened to the feminine trait of ‘nurturing’?


I think this ties into some of Vox's stances. Especially, what I think the answer to #2 is.

When I started this blog I didn't plan to write anything I'd have to support with facts and data. On topics such as this, the ice seems to be over some deep water. I think I need to pause and collect some data, before I head out on the thin ice.