Friday, April 22, 2005

How Insecure Can a XY Chromosome Bearing Entity Be?

Yesterday I had to drive across town to visit with a client. On this short drive I scanned the am dial and settled on listening to Dr. Laura Schlessinger. The caller's topic was her fiance(?)/boyfriends jealousy of her child.

For reasons soon to become apparent, I refuse to call the male reference in the phone call a man.

It seems that the XY bearing entity had asked his girlfriend/fiance(?) who would she save first in a disaster, him or her child. He wanted to be more important in her life than her child.

I understand that a new Alpha male gorilla will kill all offspring that are not his, but we are not talking savage animals here, or are we?

If I was single and involved with a woman with children, and I felt the need to ask her this question, I would hope that she would blurt out "My child!" without thinking about it, pause to reconsider her answer then say "my child, of course." Any response less than a selfless love for her child should be a big warning sign on her ability to love selflessly.