Thursday, April 21, 2005

Technology Bone

I think I must qualify as a writer, according to the O.C., since I have an abundance of ideas of what to write about. I also have opinions, some robust enough that I would drive a truck across them if they were the ice on a lake, others flimsy enough that I plan to toss them to the dogs of the blogscape and see how they fare. Some will, undoubtably, be ripped to shreds, others will thrive here, like a certain Cimmerian in the fighting pits of his youth.

I plan to address a certain opinion of mine that has been the topic of some debate. I feel that I need to make clear three things. One, that it is merely my opinion, and two, that I am not passing judgement, and lastly, I understand that not everyone agrees with it. But I don't have the time to do that now.

I also plan to deliver a story here that has been rolling around my head. It's orbit has apogees and perigees in my conscious and subconscious mind. Each time I examine it, it is more complete. It's like watching a Borg cube form, but without the menace. I think chapter, by chapter, is the best way to do it, but I want to outline it so it flows and I don't miss anything vital.

Publically stating that I'm going to tell this story is one step in holding my self accountable. Please feel free to mention it if I seem to be slacking.

Lastly, so you do find something entertaining on your visit here (I'm trying to build a reputation) I toss you this bone.