Thursday, April 21, 2005

There is a HUGE difference

I'm young enough that the only clear memories of the Vietnam War is wanting (and getting) some POW/MIA bumper stickers my older sister had. I've seen so much film footage, fictional and non-finctional, on tv and in the theaters, I don't know if I remember any newsbroadcasts of the war. I fully expect that my parents shielded me from all of that.

Having the unmost respect for those who served and a strong measure of hostile contempt for communism, especially agressive communism, for it has delivered an incredible amount of misery around the world, I can't help but have strong opinions for Jane Fonda, aka Hanoi Jane.

So when I read articles such as this, a part of me takes joy and can understand the emotions that drive this man.

I would also like to point out that there is big difference between regretting the picture and regretting performing the act. I bet Jane regrets the picture in the same manner that Slick Willie regrettes the Blue Dress. "The act was fun, I'd do it again, just don't let the wrong people know"is not the attitude of an adult with regret.