Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Cyber Mortè

Guess you all know by now that Billy D is folding up In Deo Veritas.

His insight, humor, and support will be sorely missed by me and all the members of what I think of as a loosly knit cyber clan.

I've hit some low points doing this, but I always come back because I want to. Even when I don't post for a few days, I know I'm going to be back.

I've thought about pressuring Billy to hold out and see if his heart changes in due time, but I think he's already thought long and hard about this and knows what is best for him.

This is a loss for us, his readers and friends. It feels almost as if his doctor has told us that he has a week, maybe 10 days, then he'll be gone. Some, as with the Virgin Queen, the loss is instant (but we still hold hope that she'll return, a hope that fades a little each day till it's just a little stale ice cube subliming into nothingness).

Hey, but I'm being selfish. It's not about me and what I want. At another level, I'm happy for Billy, he has his ministry in his church, a job that is rewarding, a loving family, and probably more since there is a depth of character in that guy.