Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Crime in San Francisco to Skyrocket

I havn't looked to find a posting on it, but I did hear about this on the radio as I woke up this morning.

Legal ownership of guns is now prohibited in San Francisco. One only has to look at Great Britian, Washington DC, Detroit, Austrialia, etc. to see what is going to happen next. Violent crime is going to skyrocket.

My prior employer has a plant in England. Frequently one of their engineers would visit the Tech Center and I'd bump into him in the CAD bullpen. After failing miserably to rationally discuss guns and crime with him I just took the easy route and provoked him to emotional outbursts. It was easy, especially with a like minded CAD operator that would turn the conversation on a dime:

"...make that your tertiary datum and use a true position tolerance of KILL ANY DEER LATELY?"

"WELL, I GOT MY SON A NEW RIFLE AND WE JUST HAD TO TRY IT OUT. WE GOT 3 DEER LAST NIGHT."

"ANOTHER GUN IN YOUR HOUSE? I BET YOU DON'T GET ROBBED LIKE THEY DO IN ENGLAND."

By now the Brit would have taken the bait and dropped whatever he was doing and be on his way to tell us the evils of gun ownership. We had statistics to back us, he had the PETA member CAD operator who'd join him since guns kill cute little animals when they're not defending your home and person.

Yea, but if God didn't want us to eat animals, why'd He make them out of meat?

Now where I work, all of us hunt and fish and some of us are armed. We wouldn't fit in at all in San Francisco, would we?