Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Not Hier

I have a grievance against Worldnetdaily.com. Occasionally I see them sensationalize a topic by taking something unacceptable that happens half way around the world and implying that it happened locally. For example, take this article listed today.

Personally, everyone I know who homeschools their children are quality people with exceptional children. Statistically I'll let the data on homeschooled children speak for itself. Yet we still see the best option available to teach under increasing attack.

The attacks come because liberals can't stand honest competition, be it in politics, education, national defense, or any other issues. Teachers, their union, and even their adversarial managers tend to lean towards Harvard.

Then reading the article, I see that it took place in Germany, a continent away, separated by an ocean. Perhaps the fault it mine. Worldnetdaily's name certainly implies that it is a global newsmedia. I am in error, assuming that every article it posts pertains to the United States. After all, that couldn't happen here, we're nothing like the Germans. We'd never put our citizens in concentration camps, would we?