Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Not as Wacky as She Seems

What did you think when a pop icon left rehab and shaved he head? Probably the same as the rest of us "She's a loon!" or something similar. Right?

Now take a step back and look at her. She's fighting for custody of her children in what I can only guess is a bitter battle (I'm not following this, other than the collateral bits of information I get from the media). I'm sure any evidence that can be used against her will be. Especially evidence of drug use.

Her hair keeps a chemical log of the state of her body at the time it was growing. If she was doing drugs, it's recorded in her hair.

Shaving her head wasn't the act of a crazy person, it was the act of a thinking person destroying evidence. Maybe in a panic, but far from crazy.

UPDATE (just to clarify my position):
A mother doing drugs? No way should she have custody of the child. At least until she goes through rehab and gets herself to a stable functional level. And I'm sure her husband isn't any better. Birds of a feather...

Poor kid. If there wasn't a 5 or 6 figure annual child support payment on the table, I'm sure the kid would be in the foster care system.

Now if only Brittany can put the commitment and dedication to destroying the evidence so she can get her child to living sober and straight so she can be there to raise her child will she succeed. But all I'm seeing is it's about what Brittany wants other than what is best for the kid.