Tuesday, June 27, 2006

AIDS Awareness

What total BS!!

I've been watching tv now that I have cable. I'm watching the History Channel and good Westerns. Possibly, I'm tolerating a home improvement or gardening show with my cuter half (let me say The Iron Chef is better than I ever thought it could be). The Sci-Fi channel seems to have really gone downhill and hasn't had anything worth watching other than Alien. Fox hasn't held my attention for more the 20 seconds. I'll turn off Alan Colmes the moment I see his face.

Then I see it, every half hour. The AIDS awareness advertisement. People walking around labelled. Some of the labels read "Status: Positive" or "Status: Negative" and are in a cool, safe blue color. Then there are the people walking around with "Status: Unknown" on them in a danger ridden red color.

Yea sure. The 65 year old guy, who happens to be married, and doesn't know his status is a threat to me. Big red "Status: Unknown" for him. Not unless he's involved in high risk activities which is highly unlikely.

I fugure the biggest threat to me is tainted blood if I'm ever in a medical emergency and the blood supply is pretty well screened.

What riles me up the most about this is how money is wasted to make a vocal and well organized minority feel good while there are legitimate health issues that get neglected.