Thursday, July 14, 2005

How to Deal with a Bully

If you let one wimp menace you, soon another will try.

Not that China is a wimp. It's more of a bully. But if we blacken Mexico's eye, China might just think twice about provoking us.

Not that this is the first time that China has threatened American cities on the West Coast.

Not that ignoring to China's threats will make them think that they can get away with acts of belligerance.

Not that WND hypes anything. Remember Y2K? I do. I still read WND daily, but when I think back to Farah crying that the digital sky was falling right up to "Zero zero, party over, oops, out of time" and the nothing that happened after Y2K, I had to re-evaluate WND's veracity.

I think China's a threat. A much bigger threat than we ever thought Y2K was going to be.

I am conflicted. The only news source that tells me what I want and expect to hear about China, I take with a grain of salt.

Back to my original point, if the liberal democratic president, who did nothing about the known communists in his staff and the Pentagon, had let General MacArthur win the Korean war, we'd have one thriving Korean capitalistic nation today, have lost no lives in Vietnam, have Vietnam be a thriving capitalistic nation, and China would have more respect and fear for the US and probably be further along the road to a free market and it's citizens owning property which is probably in our best interests as well as their own.

Yea, if we had blackened China's eye in the 50's they'd have gone home crying and learned how to play nice as well as learning that you don't push the big nice guy to far. I think this is a lesson we need to treat Mexico to.

No more of this double mindedness, we need to be, either a stauch ally or a terrible foe, not something stuck in between, that is neither.