Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Who's What?

Yesterday, driving home, I saw a puckup truck ahead of me with a sign in the rear window. Now I generally think of puckup trucks as being a mobile domicile of the working class and rednecks (unless it's a red pickup driven by a woman (at least in Michigan) than all bets are off).

The sign was 8-1/2 X 11 and, though it had some color (I'll get to that later), looked like it was printed at home.

The sign read something like "Hands off the Supreme Court" or maybe it was "Your hands off the Supreme Court" either way I'm sure he meant "Keep Your Hands off My Supreme Court"

There was a graphic at the bottom that looked like the Pink Floyd, Dark Side of the Moon, logo but had the sexually suspicious rainbow colors throughout the light ray.

Of course the was the Moron.org Moveon.org URL at the bottom, big enough to see.

Now I'll state this: My understanding is that the Supreme Court is to test laws against the Rights of the People and the Limits put on the Power of Government as well as the Responsibilities as documented in the Constitution. If the laws don't comply with the Constitution, they are deemed unconstitutional and are null and void. It is not a tool of some political group, even though they've used it as such for so long that they now assume it is their exclusive legislative body. What a bunch of arrogant punks!