Thursday, December 10, 2009

Loss of Respect

World Net Daily continues to lose my respect.

The other day I was reading an article by one of their named columnists. At the time I had no time to comment on it. I don't recall his name. But it continues to bother me, so I come here and vent.

President Obama is not stopping Congress from investigating the events surrounding Major Nidal Hasan as stated. Sure there is hypocrisy where the White House involves itself in a reported breaking and entering in Cambridge, but refuses to get involved in a much larger crime. What I want to point out is the articles author's lack of understanding of how the US Federal Government works, mainly the separation of powers.

The US Federal Government is made up of 3 distinct branches of power. Two of which are Congress and the President. While Congress has the direct power to remove the President while the President doesn't have the direct power to remove Congressmen tells me that Congress has more power than the President.

The President can't tell Congress what to do. Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, and their crüe are happily cooperating with the President. They are all complicit in the danger the PC environment presents.

I've had the same argument with a local am talk show host who fancies himself a conservative. I'm just sick of hearing it.

Update:
Searching WND for 'Cambridge' I found the article.